Job TitleIT Business Analyst-Data Governance
- Functions as an outcome-oriented enterprise data governance subject matter expert.
- Effectivity communicates the importance of data and analytics governance, stewardship, and literacy.
- Drives initiatives to improve data quality across the organization.
- Helps the organization establish common stewardship practices, policies, and metrics to manage data and analytics consistently across the enterprise.
- Supports program adoption and effectiveness across the enterprise, aiding with program metrics and monitoring, program scoping and resource requirements, communication, collaboration, and ideation on improving program efforts.
- Contributes to the rollout of a Data Literacy Program throughout the enterprise.
- Enables the expansion of data stewardship throughout the enterprise.
- Provides user training, education, and documentation to support adoption of consistent governance best practices.
- Partners with business units to assist with the adoption of an enterprise data catalog and business glossary.
- Engage with business partners and teammates on decisions and roadmaps.
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
- Works with the Data Architecture, Engineering, and Analytics teams to ensure Data Governance standards are understood and implemented.
- Helps the organization enable technology to automate governance practices.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Purview is a plus.
- Fluent in Data Governance practices.
- Exposure to Metadata Management, Data Literacy, Data Quality Management, and Master Data Management concepts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who delivers prompt, efficient quality service and seeks to understand the business needs.
- Ability to develop strategic guidance pertaining to Governance, Security, Quality, and Data Lifecycle Management.
- Ability to engage IT partners and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Ability to clearly define and communicate user requirements with experience in converting business/techno-functional requirements to use cases and/or user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Agile methodology.